Mucuna pruriens, commonly known as velvet bean or cow itch, is a plant indigenous to India, and has been used in Ayurveda for a large variety of conditions. Scientists and doctors in the west are now beginning to take a serious look at the potential benefits of this potent herb in a number of medical and psychological conditions.
Here are what we believe to be the Top 10 Health benefits of this amazing product:
1) Provides L-Dopa – turns into dopamine which improves mood, sense of well-being, mental clarity, better sleep, brain function, etc.
2) Produces Testosterone* – Increases libido in both men and women. Builds fertility in men (Increases semen volume, sperm count and sperm motility, better double up boys…) and is extremely potent at increasing libido for both men and women. Mucuna helps men last longer sexuall and also helps women increase lactation when breastfeeding.
3) Increases Energy*
4) Improves mental capacity*
5) Promotes brain activity that combats such things such as Parkinson’s disease and depression*
6) Used to build muscle mass and strengthen muscles and physical ability.
7) Helps digestion without increasing pitta (fire)
8) The hairs on the mucuna plant have been shown to successfully treat several species of parasitic worms.
9) Very helpful in treating insomnia and generally deepens sleep.
10) Balancing to all three doshas (which is very rare!)
Dulse or Palmaria Palmata is a type of marine seaweed. It is purple in colour, soft in texture and has a mild flavour. Dulse is known to have the highest...
Ashwagandha is a plant. The root and berry are used to make medicine.Ashwagandha is used for arthritis, anxiety, bipolar disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), balance, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), trouble...
What is Albizia? The broad term albizia actually refers to a specific genus of tropical flowering trees that is made up of more than 150 species. The trees are native to Africa,...
What is Albizia? The broad term albizia actually refers to a specific genus of tropical flowering trees that is made up of more than 150 species. The trees are native...