1) 100% Gluten-Free: Coconut flour is naturally gluten-free, making it a popular ingredient for those who have gluten allergies or want to eliminate gluten from their diet. It has a naturally high nutritional content which makes it an excellent substitution for wheat flours.
2) Protein Powerhouse: With 14 grams of protein per 100 grams of flour, organic coconut flour contains more protein than white, wheat, rye flour, and cornmeal flours. Protein is an important component in building and maintaining healthy muscles.
3) Full of Fiber: Organic coconut flour contains 43 grams of fiber per 100 grams of coconut flour: double the amount found in wheat bran. Fiber helps sustain the feeling of fullness and helps slow the absorption of sugar into our bloodstream.
4) Heart-Healthy: A 2006 study published in Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies found that the fiber content present in coconut flour is effective at lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk for chronic diseases such as diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease.
5) Helps to Regulate Spikes in Blood Sugar: Fiber-rich foods such as coconut flour tend to have a low glycemic index because they are better at regulating blood sugar levels. A 2003 study published in The British Journal of Nutrition found that using increased amounts of coconut flour in baked goods lowered the glycemic index of the foods.
Dulse or Palmaria Palmata is a type of marine seaweed. It is purple in colour, soft in texture and has a mild flavour. Dulse is known to have the highest...
Ashwagandha is a plant. The root and berry are used to make medicine.Ashwagandha is used for arthritis, anxiety, bipolar disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), balance, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), trouble...
What is Albizia? The broad term albizia actually refers to a specific genus of tropical flowering trees that is made up of more than 150 species. The trees are native to Africa,...
Mucuna pruriens, commonly known as velvet bean or cow itch, is a plant indigenous to India, and has been used in Ayurveda for a large variety of conditions. Scientists and...